Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Paperless...Day 5 of 31 Days of Creating with Meaning

Everything is paperless nowadays.  Paperless billing.  Paperless bank statements.  I get the draw!  A major source of stress in my life is paper.  Not the pretty paper that I use in my scrapbooking and other crafting, but the stacks of paper from school, work, bills, and everything else that seems important at the time but needs a HOME!  And just like yesterday with the grocery list that needed to be simple, I need paper organization that is ultra-simplified.

This is what my computer desk looks like right now.  Well, little snapshots of the paper piles, anyway.  


 This one is blurred to protect the innocent.
I've always had problems with paper.  I'm sure there are books written and diagnosis' given about my particular issue, but


Here's one of my solutions for the all of the paper the kids bring home from school.  Works OK, but only if I don't try to make it hold too many papers at a time.  I found that out the hard way when I had papers, a driver's training book, and Scout information all in one clothespin.  Let's just say it died a hero's death.

One thing I need to do is cut down on the paper, which means transferring pertinent information to where it needs to go, then ditching the papers.  I also realized I need to go vertical.  And I've admired the "dry erase boards" similar to Kristy's @ Next to Heaven.  Then I thought that maybe I'd like to customize them to match the seasons, but be able to switch them out easily.  Then I remembered the stack of frames that my sister-in-law gave me when they were redoing their house.



I saw Peter Walsh the organizing guru talking about going vertical.  Getting things off the flat surfaces and on to the walls.

So for next-to-nothing I made the first frame.






It happened to be raining, so I rigged a little spray paint box in the back porch.  It took at least half a dozen thin coats to cover.

 Then I made a simple insert from white cardstock set off with scrapbook paper, and a simple "BOO" banner to drape over the corner.



Now I can write notes, grocery lists, to-do-lists, and reminders on the glass and wipe off when I no longer need them!  This is an 8x10 frame, and I'm making the other 4 to hang with this one.  I don't want it to get lonely.  And I need all the help I can get.




Linking up here:
Tidy Mom



Nothing But Country



2 comments:

Corine Moore said...

That is awesome! :D I want to see the rest when you are done with them!!!! Maybe I'll copy you and make one, too. I also want to make a magnetic board (been wanting to for some time now and need to stop procrastinating).
TTFN...
Corine :D

Unknown said...

Thanks for the shout out Annie!! Yours turned super cute- i just changed oyt my background paper to hallween stuff and love it. hope to blog it soon! I am your newest follower!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...