Monday, October 3, 2011

What's for Dinner, October Week 1

Well, I'm back to canning again, this time some super delish pears I bought for 29 cents a pound.  That will keep me busy today.  Thank goodness the temps. around here are only going to be in the 70's.  Having the stove on and the canner going all morning really heats the house up.

Menu Plan for this week:

Monday:
Beef Stroganoff made with leftover pot roast from yesterday's dinner Cost: $3.50
Smashed Potatoes from the roasted potatoes from last night  Cost: 75 cents
Brussels Sprouts with bacon  Cost: $3.00
Total Cost to feed a family of 6:  $8.25


Tuesday:
Sausage and Lentil Soup carried over from last week since it is supposed to rain today.
Bread Sticks
Total Cost to feed a family of 6: $6.05

Wednesday:
Sloppy Joes and buns  Cost:  $4.00
Roasted Carrots  Cost 50 cents
Green Salad  Cost:  $1.00
Total cost to feed a family of 6:  $5.50


Thursday:
Pasta with Homemade Pesto  Cost:  $2.00
Bread Sticks  Cost:  $1.00
Spinach Salad with Mandarins and Dried Cranberries  Cost:  $3.00
Total cost to feed a family of 6:  $6.00


Friday:
Frozen Pizza  Cost: $5.66 (for 2 Tombstone Pizzas.  I'm taking it easy tonight!)
Veggies and Ranch  Cost:  $2.50
Total cost to feed a family of 6:  $8.16

Saturday:
Chili Dogs (Dogs, buns and small batch of homemade chili*)  Cost: $5.00 
Jo-Jo Potatoes (Homemade, seasoned, oven roasted potato wedges)  Cost:  $1.50
Total cost to feed a family of 6:  $6.50
*I'll make a big batch of chili and save some for a dinner next week!

Sunday: 
Hooray for Leftovers

So that's just under $41.00 for dinners for the week, and I'm a Woman with a Plan.

Come back later for my next installment of 31 Days of Creating with Meaning, Day 3!  It's all about HOPE.

I'm linking here:  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

sausage and lentil soup is one of my favs!!

Anne said...

I love canning! Haven't done as much this year, but I did do pickles and apple butter. Pears sound good!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...