Monday, October 1, 2012

31 Days of Preparing Properly

I have been planning on being a part of 31 Days of Blogging this month, and I've really been excited about it, too.  But then we started a new business.  And we had the business start-up costs, and new bills and other expenses and less and less money available for the every-day things, not to mention less time for me to think about the 31 days of blog posts I would have to come up with.  I thought about throwing in the towel because I never even told anyone I wanted to do this, so who cares if I quit before I started?  But the more I thought about it, the more I knew that this is what I need to help to stabilize all of the craziness that I feel.  This is what I want to focus on in my "free" time, and I'm pretty sure that others might benefit from the things I will post here.  In addition, I really want a place where I can put down all of my thoughts, notes, tips, and everything else I know is important about this topic and have it in one place.  

I also want to take seriously the quote I have at the top of my blog, but have fun while doing it!

So, my blogging topic for the month of October is:

                    

I'm really excited about this!  I am by no means an expert on food storage, emergency preparedness, and anything else that goes along with it, but I am definitely a "learner" and want to my family to improve in being prepared, living a more sustainable lifestyle, and working together as a family at it.

Some of the topics I'll be writing on are:
  • Being able to shelter in place for 2 weeks
  • Fall and winter garden
  • Food Preservation 
  • Water Storage
  • Cooking from Scratch
  • Staples to have on hand
  • 3 month food supply
  • 72-hour Emergency Kits (Bug-Out-Bags)
  • Working together as a family
  • Menu planning
  • Spiritual Preparedness
  • Making room in your home for emergency supplies


And MORE!

If you have questions or something you would really like to know about relating to this, please comment below and I'll try my best!  If you have anything to add I would love to hear it.

I'll use this page as my main topic page and post links here to the daily posts.  I'm so excited!  Now, to get my family just as excited...

Thanks for stopping by!

You can follow the Pinterest Board I created for my 31 Days posts here:  

Or Subscribe to E-mail Blog Updates on the upper right of the sidebar.

See the other 31 Day participants at Nesting Place

*****************************************************************************
Find the rest of the story here:


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...