Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Read...Day11 of 31 Days of Creating with Meaning

A while back I mentioned in a blog post that I loved this idea for covering old books.

I have quite a few books. I love to read. I love books. Some of my most favoritest books are ratty paperbacks. Paperbacks are not pretty. I also have an oversized old music book whose pages were the PERFECT size to cover a ratty paperback. I just folded the page in the old-school-cover-your-textbook-with-a-paper-bag style like my kids do. Then I stacked them all up and tied them with a velvet ribbon.



How simple and sweet, and now they're all on display.



In case you're wondering what books they are, here are some of my must-reads...
(the links are to informational pages from Wikipedia.com)

Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte {I love it so much that I read it at least once a year. When Monkey was little I would read it to him to get him to sleep. Worked like a charm!}

Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte {OK, it's actually not one of my favorites, but it intrigues me.}

Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen {LOVE and ADORE!}

Where the Red Fern Grows by Wilson Rawles {I cry every time!}

The Hiding Place by Corrie ten Boom {She is amazing and inspiring.}

And the one that is missing because Natalia just started reading it in English class:
The Giver by Lois Lowry {so thought-provoking}

And the next paperback to be wrapped in music and added to the stack, that is when I'm finished with it, is:
Frankenstein by Mary Shelley {I thought October might be a good month for reading this classic}

What books are on your must-read list?  I'd love to know!





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...