Friday, October 7, 2011

Blessings...Day7 of 31 Days of Creating with Meaning

My family has a tradition every year for Thanksgiving.  OK, we have a lot of traditions for Thanksgiving.  Like Cherry Cream Pie and Gambling Playing Bingo on Thanksgiving.  But this tradition is all about counting our blessings.  Each person gets a 3x5 card and writes down what they are thankful for that year.  Before the blessing on the food and tearing into Thanksgiving dinner, the cards are read and we laugh and cry together.


There were years when I really had to dig deep for something other than my family and health to be thankful for, or so it seemed, but looking back I realize that I had so many blessings.  When I was in the moment it was hard to see them, though.  And some of those blessings even felt like trials and hardships.


This little album is a place to count our blessings this year. 
The pages are pockets for tucking the cards, photos, and any recipes that we use this Thanksgiving.


So join me in keeping track of your blessings this year, maybe even counting them every day.  Jotting them down in a simple notebook will do, or you can make a small album to do the job.  You might be pleasantly surprised by how blessed you really are.





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...