Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Collect...Day 12 of 31 Days of Creating with Meaning

"What's in a name? That which we call a rose
By any other name would smell as sweet."


A collection of anything can bring you joy. I grew up in a home full of collections. My mom collected everything old and antique. She has an eye for putting those collections together, too.

Unfortunately I didn't inherit that eye. But, like I said in yesterday's post, one of the things I love to collect are books. I love the colors, the faded patina, and the aged look of antique books. Especially red, blue and green books. So I grouped some together. My latest find is the tall, blue book in the middle.  It is over 1200 pages of Shakespeare, published in 1938.  I found it in the Library's book sale for 50 cents.  I'm in love.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...