Sunday, October 2, 2011

Sparrows...Day 2 of 31 Days of Creating with Meaning.

I'm not sure when it was that I first read the verses in Matthew chapter 10:
29 Are not two sparrows sold for a farthing? and one of them shall not fall on the ground without your Father.
30 But the very hairs of your head are all numbered.
31 Fear ye not therefore, ye are of more value than many sparrows.
Christ was speaking to His apostles, telling them that they should go "to the lost sheep of the house of Israel."  They were by no means going to have an easy time of it.  They would be persecuted, not have any food or anything else with them, and would be as "sheep in the midst of wolves" and "shall be hated of all men for my name’s sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved."

My day sounds pretty darn easy compared to that. I am by no means a scriptorian, but I get so much out of my study, and these are also things I want my kids to know.


To remind me of the fact that I am of worth, I made a hanging with the last part of the scripture:  Ye are of more value than many sparrows.



Of course I wanted to keep this as easy and painless as possible, using things I already had on hand.  I'm not usually the "pink" type, but when I do use pink on anything it reminds me of my Grandma who adored pink, the scriptures, and music.
I cut my regular 12x12inch paper into 8 1/2x11 paper and typed my words into a regular Microsoft Word program.  I loaded the paper and printed it out.  There is chipboard backing this paper to give it a little more stability.  I added a couple of grommets on top to hold the ribbon without tearing the paper.
The "sparrow" is a chipboard bird covered in pink paper and inked around with black.  I glued on some lace and a button and added a pearl topped pin, and that was it!

If my Heavenly Father has His eye on the sparrow, how can I doubt that His eye is on me?

Here is a beautiful rendition of the old Christian song "His eye is on the Sparrow" sung by Gladys Knight.  It's lovely, and entertaining, too.  But I love the uplifting lyrics:
"Let not your heart be troubled,"
His tender word I hear,
And resting on His goodness,
I lose my doubts and fears;
Though by the path He leadeth
But one step I may see:
His eye is on the sparrow,
And I know He watches me;
His eye is on the sparrow,
And I know He watches me.
I sing because I'm happy, I sing because I'm free
His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...