Monday, March 21, 2011

What's for dinner? Week 2

This is the second week of the two weeks worth of menus that we planned during Family Home Evening.

Monday:  Taco Soup
I'll change this up a bit by browning the beef {actually using the meat I browned and seasoned last week}and putting everything in the crockpot.  We also like olives added in at the end.

Yo-Yo Cookies for FHE treat


Tuesday:  Enchiladas
    *We switched some things around last week so we didn't get to the enchiladas.  


Wednesday:  Pasta with pesto and Green Salad
We have this pretty much every week.  My favorite way of making homemade pesto is here, but in the winter time we don't have fresh basil growing in the garden, so I've been making a spinach pesto.

Spinach Pesto for Winter
1/2 of a 1 pound bag of frozen spinach, thawed but not drained
1/4 cup dried basil
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
2-3 garlic cloves
1/3-1/2 cup Olive Oil
Water if needed to thin it out

Just put everything in a blender pitcher and blend it until it is fairly smooth.  Pesto will be a bright, springy green and delish!  You can also add a handful of nuts if yo want.  Toss this with hot, cooked pasta and serve.  We always top our pasta with cheese instead of adding it to pesto. 


Thursday:  Irish Chicken and Dumplings


Friday:  Relief Society Dinner (leftovers for the kids)


Saturday:  Homemade Pizza made with whatever we have on hand and this dough recipe.


Sunday:  Lasagna

I like a basic lasagna recipe, but with spinach, minced garlic, and basil added into the cheese layer.  Sometimes I make the sauce extra saucy and used uncooked lasagna noodles, but usually I just cook the noodles until they're al dente first.

1 comment:

Bibi @ Bibi's Culinary Journey said...

I've been seeing Taco soup on few blogs lately and I have yet to try it.

I know my boys would love it.

Thank you for joining Foodie Wednesday. I hope you can link up next week as well.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...