Friday, March 11, 2011

Project: Simplify Master closet cleanup...

I'm on a never-ending quest to simplify and de-clutter.  I have to say that things are less cluttered since getting rid of so much before moving, and I really like it.  Once in a while I'll look for something (or Andy will look for something!) and we'll realize that it didn't make the trip out here.  Which also means that my mom and sister had to deal with it.  Sorry!

I have a tendency to be in a rush all the time.  I'm rushing to get the kids to school, to get breakfast made, to get a project done, you know what I'm getting at.  With all of that rushing around things do not get put back the way they should.  So, now there is a big mess!

The main rooms of the house are usually picked up, even if they need a good dusting (which usually happens on a Saturday morning) or another vacuuming (which happens several times a week).

The bedrooms, on the other hand, are the junk depositories.  The kids haul their stuff to their bedrooms and dump it.  I toss things into my room, or closet, and don't get around to putting them away properly until the stacks are threatening to topple over.

Here's where Project: Simplify comes in.  I'm participating in Simple Mom's 5 weeks program to get 5 hot spots dealt with.  This week was just the master closet, which actually took me very little time, two blocks of about an hour each.  Not bad! 




Here is before...See what I mean about the piles toppling over?  And the shoes.  Yikes!


Hangers all willy-nilly, and more of the piles
Now for the after...

Voila!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...