Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without...

Curtains:

We've been needing them in our living room, and I wasn't quite sure what to do for them.  Anything that I really wanted would cost way more than I HAD or WANTED to spend, so I dug out these tried and true Waverly Toile (I'll admit that I have a tad bit of toile in almost every room in the downstairs) print valances that I made 6 years ago when we first moved to our little house in Missouri, and this is the third living room they have graced the windows of.


I knew that I wanted that slightly pointed, scalloped shape, so I made a template {maybe with some newspaper?  I can't remember now}.  There was some waste of fabric since this is a one-way print, but I put the scraps to use elsewhere.  I wanted to do this as cheap inexpensively as I could, so I passed on buying new decorative rods and just used regular curtain rods.  The vertical blinds are a bummer, but I've got to leave them for privacy.  Oh, well!  But I like the way the valances give the windows a more finished look.





I'm linking up here:
PhotobucketTip Junkie handmade projects







5 comments:

Sibylle @ Funkytime said...

i love toile! thanks for stopping by!

Unknown said...

Hey there Annie! Be sure to send pics if you make a "team" sign for your sons room -- I would LOVE to see it! XOXO

PS - I am LOVING this valance -- so gorgeous!

Shauna K said...

Thanks so much for your kind words on my blog!! VHS tapes are definitely a bummer- no making those take up less space!

Super pretty valences- i LOVE the shape! and the rustic fabric is really really pretty :D

Lisa said...

Who doesn't love toile?! It's gorgeous! I love how you added the scalloped edges. And it matches great with your throw pillows!

Tammy @ Type A said...

i love the toile, and red. they look awesome. thanks for sharing this at my party!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...