Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Some of our favorite videos on YouTube...

We have spent the past week with Aunt Tara, Aunt Emily and their babies.  It was a lot of fun, but there was no blogging involved.  I'll post some more about our Easter break and family things later, but in the meantime and for your listening pleasure we'd like to leave you with this:

There are some awesome and not-so-lovely things on YouTube.  We prefer the awesome.  Here are some of our all-time favorites.

Nick Pitera's One-man Disney Movie is amazing, cute, and you see something new every time you watch!



The Muppets doing Bohemian Rhapsody.  Classic.  Animal reminds us of our mama's boy nephew Jeremiah. As a commenter said, "mama....mama? yea! mama! *sigh* mama.... MAMA. MAMA! AHHAHA! MAMA MAMA MAMA MAMA MAMA MAMA MAMA! rawr! MAMA! YOO HOO? MAMA? YOO HOO MAMA?! mama? mama.... dada? DADA!" hahahhahahahahha ya'll just gotta love animal! :D



The next video is an OK Go song, This Too Shall Pass. The video features an elaborate Rube Goldberg machine. If you don't know what that is, here is the Wikipedia definition: A Rube Goldberg machine, device, or apparatus is a deliberately over-engineered machine that performs a very simple task in a very complex fashion, usually including a chain reaction. The expression is named after American cartoonist and inventor Rube Goldberg.

Our favorite parts? The Thomas the Tank Engine track, the Lego set-up, and the Plinko style board. And of course the end.



Another "How do they do that?" video is Her Morning Elegance by Oren Lavie. It's done in stop motion. Sometimes I think I must dream like this. But I don't look as good in the morning.



The last one is an old fave of ours. Love the message.  The kids and I are huge Jon McLaughlin fans.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

WOW! As I watched each video, I had comments I planned to write.

But all of those completely emptied away as I watched the last video. As a mother of 2 girls, my heart identified so completely with it. But as I saw each timid little girl smile during the photo session at the end ....

Wow, thanks for sharing. If you don't mind, I'm filing that away as the starting point for a future blog post.

Thx so much!

Corine Moore said...

I ran out of time, so didn't get to see all of the videos, but have seen all but one. The last one always touches me. The first one cracked me up! I love to see fun stuff like this. :)
TTFN!
Corine :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...