Monday, January 5, 2009

2008's Resolution leftovers, warmed up and served again.

Happy 2009!



Last year's resolutions post was a bit tongue in cheek, since there was no way I was going to accomplish all of them. Not without retaining my sanity, that is. So, here we go again.



1. Lose 40 pounds

2. Never, ever, ever yell at Andy or the kids again.

3. Keep the house clean at all times

4. Read church lessons before they are taught.

5. Keep up with the laundry

6. Exercise every day.

7. Go back to school.



Why is it just when I want to get on with life, life gets in the way? There is always something to be done, but it's never what I want to be doing. Ok, that's my complaining for the day.

On to resolutions. As I was reading the local newspaper a week or so ago, an editorial piece caught my eye. I only had a minute to skim, but the author was basically saying that as a society we are not comfortable publicizing our new year's resolutions anymore. We are afraid to tell the world (and those closest to us) what our goals are for fear that we will not fulfil them, therefore looking like a failure, not to mention foolish!

Wow, that hits the nail on the head with me. I rarely tell others my dreams, goals, and wishes. Then I feel the pressure to be accountable for working towards or achieving those things. Who wants to be accountable? Not I! At least not after the first few days/weeks/months (depending on what the goal is).

My new goal is to work on improving all of those aspects of my life, and then some, and not feel bad when I fall short -- just keep looking forward and plodding along.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I've stopped making NY resolutions. Too depressing to look back on.

By the way, there's a new book contest running on my blog today, in case you're interested. It's a good one :-)

Mandy said...

Goal number 4 made me laugh! Love it! Happy new Year Annie! Best of luck with your goals.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...