Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Cucumbers Galore!


My grandpa loves to plant a LARGE garden. He tills, he sows, he weeds, he reaps. He's been harvesting TONS of cucumbers, which we love to eat. We've had cucumbers for lunch and dinner almost every day for the last couple of weeks. As I was contemplating lunch today, I thought to myself, "Self, I think a cucumber sandwich sounds like a good thing." Lucky for me, I agreed with myself!


Just as I finished putting together my sandwich, my sister Mellisa called me up and mentioned that she was rummaging around her cupboards looking for something to eat. I told her to rummage no more, I was bringing her over a cucumber sandwich! (I know she was thrilled to hear that, wouldn't you be?)


I assembled a second sandwich, then took both plates over to her house. She said, "This looks pretty good! When you said cucumber sandwich, I didn't think it sounded too good."


Well, I enjoyed mine. And she said she liked hers, but maybe she was just trying to make me feel good. Maybe I'll never know, since she doesn't read my blog. Hmm.


Here's how I made the sandwiches:


2 slices of a hearty bread, I used 100% whole wheat by Sara Lee

Thick slices of peeled cucumber

Thin slices of red onion

2 Tablespoons of Mayo mixed with a tsp. of dried dill and a tsp. of red wine vinegar

A couple of dashes of Sea Salt and Pepper


Put it all together and enjoy!

3 comments:

Mandy said...

Yumm-O! I have a cucumber just sitting here not knowing what I was going to do with it...now I do!

You crack me up with your stories!

Tara said...

mmm...I LOVE cucumbers!!!

Tara said...

side note: So how come you have time to take a picture of your cucumber sandwhich, put it on your computer, and put it on your blog but don't have time/usually a camera to take pics of the kids for their aunt Tara??? I think there is something wrong with this picture.....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...