Saturday, October 27, 2007

In the News...

Alison Maki and I have know each other since 5th grade, when I moved into the Owen-Withee school district, and were friends until she moved out of the school district in 6th grade. I really missed her. We were the only two girls in our 4-person reading group in Mr. Waite's class, so that left me with the 2 Mikes. I was not a happy camper.

Well, Ali and I have stayed in touch through the years, and at one point even lived a mere 2 hours away from each other in California.

Now I can really keep tabs on her since she has a monthly column in the Chico Enterprise Record. Yeah, Alison! And another cheer for her hubby, Chris, who has been at the fires in Southern CA making maps.








The LDS church has had a new ad campaign, and our area has been one of the testing grounds. We've seen billboards and tv commercials, and new pass-along cards. The ads are wonderful, and are unscripted; just each person's testimony. Check them out here.

1 comment:

Katie Parker said...

Hey, I've heard of Owen-Withee school district! We moved to Wisconsin a few years ago. I'm not sure where it is, but I've heard of it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...