- All of the bread crusts that were stashed were put in the food processor with some Italian seasoning and Parmesan cheese and then put it in a mason jar and popped it back into the freezer.
- Boneless/skinless chicken breasts: 1/2 were baked in the oven for a future meal and the other half I cut into 1/2 inch cubes and cooked in a pan on the stove then added taco seasoning.
- Black beans were cooked, half of them made into refried beans, then frozen for burritos along with the chicken with taco seasoning.
- Leftovers were consolidated and put into labeled containers for Crock Pot Leftover Stew.
- Vegetable stock was made in the crock pot and frozen in quart sized bags.
And here is what I threw together with a small piece of roast hidden in my freezer.
Easy Beef Stew in the Crock Pot
- 1 pound beef cut into 1/2-1 inch pieces
- 1/2 package onion soup mix
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2-3 tomato cans of water
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 large potatoes, or 4 smaller potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
Menu Plan for January, Week 3
Monday: Tuna Casserole, Green Salad and Sweet Potato Fries
(I have peas, milk, and sweet potatoes to use up)
Tuesday: Pasta, Broccoli, Salad, and Breadsticks
(Frozen pasta dish already stashed in the freezer. Add cheese to the top and bake it with the breadsticks.)
Wednesday: Roasted Turkey, Potatoes, Stuffing, Brussels Sprouts and Salad
(Yep, we've got a couple of turkeys in the freezer and bags of stuffing to use up)
Thursday: Crock pot stew with homemade bread
(Natalia has back-to-back basketball games tonight so something easy that can be eaten when we're ready instead of when it's ready)
Saturday: Polenta and Stew with Salad
(Stew is in the freezer, polenta in the pantry)
I'm linking here: Menu Plan Monday