Tuesday, January 3, 2012

One Little Word for 2012...

Source

THRIVE

: to grow vigorously : flourish

: to gain in wealth or possessions : prosper

: to progress toward or realize a goal despite or because of circumstances —often used with on


My initial thought was to choose the word "purpose" as my One Little Word for 2012, but after thinking about it for a couple of days I've decided that "THRIVE" is what I'm really after.  

Even though I have my One Little Word to think about, I also like to find quotes and ideas to support that theme and help to keep the word in focus.

To really "thrive" I'll have to put the work into it.  And steadiness.  And organization.  And non-procrastination.  And a positive attitude.  And basically working at being the best that I can be. 
"A garden requires patient labor and attention. Plants do not grow merely to satisfy ambitions or to fulfill good intentions. They thrive because someone expended effort on them."
Liberty Hyde Bailey
My word is just that:  Mine.  I'm going to be selfish with it.  I'm not going to force it on the rest of my family, but I'm hoping they will get some residual benefit and maybe even an afterglow from being near me while I'm working on myself.  :)  I'm gong to keep this word in the back of my mind for now and write down any ideas that come into my thoughts. 
 "Do not squander time, for that is the stuff life is made of." - Benjamin Franklin
I'm going to Make 2012 a GREAT YEAR!
 
If you're looking for One Little Word to focus on or use as your "mantra" for this year, here is a huge list.  Do it.  It's painless.  I promise.  And you might just love it.


 

1 comment:

nana-m said...

Saw your comment on Ani's site and loved your word choice. Excellent! Made me even pause to think about changing mine; but, alas, since I already posted my word..Blessings..with all the bells and whistles guess I best stick to it.;-}
I am also a hoper of being a non-procrastinator. A biggie on my list of goals this year. Ten days in and so far, so good; but, let's see how one month is before I get too excited.
Blessings to you for 2012!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...