Monday, February 21, 2011

Trying...

I spend a good portion of my time searching for things.  For example, today I am on a rescue mission to locate Brian's Scout information back to the date of his Arrow of Light award.  I'm sure those cards and things are spread from here to the ends of Missouri.

But one of the Scout leaders gave me a great idea for organizing the little cards that come with the achievements and merit badges and rank awards.  Get the plastic baseball card sleeves and tuck everything in the pockets.  How easy is that, and why didn't I think of it?


Something else I am always searching for are the elusive papers from school.  The papers that need signing, initialing, or any other attentioning from me.  We are usually scrambling at the last minute to try to locate those.  I've tried putting information in folders, but then I'd forget that I put it there.  I'm a very "out of sight, out of mind" type, so I came up with a clip-up method to help with that.

I just used plain clothespins (thought about painting them, but why mess with a perfect product?)  I punched out a 2.25" scallop circle,  then a 1.5" circle to go on top.  Then I used an initial for each of the four kids.

Since I did not want to mess with drilling holes in the pins or nailing into the wood, I used some extra Command strips to hang the clothespins on the inside of the computer cabinet.

So far, so good.  I've been able to locate login information for the kids' school accounts and class lists, and even homework for the two little boys.  At least I can find SOMEthing!

Too bad I can't use this clothespin system in my brain. Life would be a whole lot easier.

6 comments:

Brassy Apple said...

fun system and cute too! thanks for posting on my FB page so I could stop by and look! ;)

Unknown said...

Those clothespins are super cut. I love the idea! But agree, too bad it doesn't work for brains! :D

Andrea said...

Great Idea! Love it! Thanks for sharing...now off to find my clothespins!

Vicki Chrisman said...

Great organization idea! Thanks for sharing your thoughts on my blog.. and for coming by. I enjoyed looking at the pretties on your blog. (esp.. loving that wreath below) :) Great blog!

Stephanie said...

ooh, I like the clothespin idea. Got my mind working . . .

Unknown said...

I love clothes pins and their endless possibilities. I really do.

Just adorable.

Thank you so much for sharing this on my meme!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...