Friday, February 18, 2011

Hanging out with the kids today...

And they have been amazingly cooperative. With me and with each other. I'm not sure what's going on here; perhaps a shift in the space/time continuum or an answer to my prayers.

Today we have accomplished:
  • cleaning the living room and family room (they are both smallish rooms)
  • cleaning off the counter that attracts all of the junk
  • continuous laundry washing/drying/folding/disbursing
  • dinner halfway done (we're having the missionaries over tonight)
  • dessert in the oven
All this and it's not even lunch time!

Just a couple of things to share.  First, my book wreath.  The picture isn't great, as usual since I'm obviously not a photographer, but I love the look of the book wreaths, and I've been wanting to make one for ages.  I finally busted out the glue gun and a Reader's Digest Condensed book from the '60's (after reading it) that I bought for a quarter at the thrift store.

I looked at some tutorials from Living With Lindsay and Apartment Therapy, then decided to do it my way.

Sometimes not the best ideas, but I made it work.  I used a straw wreath form, and not remembering what sized they used in the tutorials, bought the largest size.

Not the best idea, but again, I made it work.  I recommend using a smaller form so the wreath isn't as big and gangly like the wreath I made.  I made the whole wreath from one book and lots and lots of glue sticks.  The finished size is about 3 feet across.

 I hung it over the bed, which kind of scared Andy, but like the look of it.  Sorry for the dark picture, though!  The sun has been hiding behind the clouds the past few days.

This is one of the Valentines that I made for the kids.  I pulled out some pink, red and white supplies and put them together for a simple card.
My valentine from Monkey.  So sweet it made me cry.  It says "Roses are red, Violets are blue, Sugar is Sweet and I LOVE YOU" inside.

The house mini album that I made for my mom is on the Say It With Letters blog today. Go check out the post!  Thanks, Deb, for liking it so much!

I'm participating in these blog hops today:



Photobucket





3 comments:

The Charm of Home said...

Annie,
I love the homemade Valentine's. They are the best with kids. Your wreath is very pretty. And, your album is delightful. Wonderful job. I hope I can get something accomplished this weekend. Kids off 4 days. Keeps me on my toes. Thanks for linking!
Sherry

Amy said...

Hi Annie! Those valentines are so cute and the house album is Amazing! Thanks so much for stopping by Feed Me Friday today. It's always nice to meet a fellow Mormon mom blogger. I'm now following and subscribing. Have a great night! www.ohsosavvymom.com

Liz said...

Wow, you got a lot accomplished, makes it so much easier (and more enjoyable) when the kids cooperate. The valentines and album is so cute!!! Thanks so much for joining Feed Me Friday and grabbing our button. I am following you back on gfc. Sorry it took me so long but my computer hasn't been working. Luckily I have it back now, yay!! Hope you'll join us again this week!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...