Monday, February 14, 2011

Give a little bit of love...

Happy Valentine's Day!  We had a great night...
  • Valentine treats
  • Yummy dinner
  • Dancing to Elvis 
  • Early to bed for the kids
We almost always use cloth napkins, but I whipped up some new napkins out of pretty pink fabric I had in my stash.  I also used a big piece of pink fabric from my Grandma for a tablecloth, and Mario wanted to use the "Professional" glasses (cobalt blue goblets out of the china cabinet) and the Chinese cups (I'm guessing he called them "Chinese" because they were in the chine cabinet) for the Jello hearts we made in a silicone heart mold.

Menu consisted of:  Chicken Divan with rice, the above mentioned Jello hearts, Mixed green salad with red wine vinaigrette, Sourdough bread, and a little box of chocolates for each of the kids.

Joe had the best day ever at school.  That's what he called it, the best day ever.  It might have had something to do with the little stuffed bear that he was given as a special Valentine from one of his friends.  Who just might be a sweet little girl.  So cute!!!  Then he and Monkey sat down on the floor, dumped out their valentine boxes, and proceeded to trade candy.  The negotiations came to a standstill, though, until Monkey said,"Well, I'll trade you a Skittles for a Skittles, then!"  ???

Brian got a special Valentine, too.  He got 5 different carnations delivered to him at five different time during the school day, each with a note attached:
  1. S (Sophomore)
  2. C (Class)
  3. U (Upside-down)
  4. D (Dance)
  5. ?
Yes, a girl asked him to the girl's choice dance.  And he's 16 and old enough to go.  And all of those times I've told him that he's not 16 yet and can't date are done with.  {SIGH}  I'm not ready.

My Valentine came home bearing an extra large dark chocolate bar.  Boy, does he know me.

1 comment:

Corine Moore said...

Sounds like a great day! :D

PS Thanks for the link... I didn't remember where you were (site address).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...