Friday, April 9, 2010

Hello, Cupcake!






These cupcake cards are so easy to make. Almost as easy as the real, cake-y confections!

I started with a 8 1/2 by 11 inch piece of pink cardstock and some scraps of corrugated yellow paper and some Die Cuts With a View scalloped cardstock. I just free-hand trimmed the scalloped cardstock into a cupcake top, and cut a wedge out of the corrugated paper. Both papers had a white core, so I sanded them a bit to add a little dimension.

Then I used some more scraps and cut them down to size. I folded the cardstock for the "hello, cupcake" card so that the inside showed about an inch or so past the front, so "cupcake" shows when the card is folded closed.

Then, some Thickers letter stickers, a button, and some stitching are the frosting on the {cup}cake!

2 cupcakes, and zero calories.

1 comment:

rachel@thecupcakesprinklesinlife said...

I just had to say hello on the cupcake post! :)

Thanks for stopping by- and thanks for loving my blog desing...I made it myself! :)I noticed you scrap so here is the tutorial on making a scrappy blog design:
http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/category/tutorials/blog-design/page/2

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...