Monday, July 7, 2008

The Goose Girl

The Goose Girl The Goose Girl by Shannon Hale


My review


rating: 5 of 5 stars
Tara has been telling me to read The Goose Girl for a while, since it is one of her favorite books. The only problem was, the library did not have it! (Incidentally, they have Enna Burning and River Secrets, the two sequels. Go figure.)

Tara finally resorted to sending me her copy. Wonder if she'll notice if I don't send it back? One of my favorite books is Book of A Thousand Days, and I didn't think The Goose Girl would be as good. :)



This book is beautifully written. Ani is the oldest daugther of the King and Queen, and therefore Crown Princess. She also has the wonderful gift of being able to understand and communicate with birds and some other animals, but the gift makes her stand out as different to everyone around her.


View all my reviews.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Sounds good, I'll have to check it out!

Tara said...

Did you like it better? And I had better get it back!!!! I love that book!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...