Thursday, September 27, 2007

Random little tidbits...

The new Creating Keepsakes Scrapbooker of the Year (SOY) has a little contest on her blog. You have to tell something random about yourself, so I thought I would do that here. HMMmm...

1. My first and only job (besides working on the farm and babysitting) was at a tire shop where I worked from the age of 15 til I had my first child at 20. My dad worked at the same tire shop 20 years before that. And no, I didn't toss around tires a la Guido in Cars, I worked in the Accounts Receivable office.

2. I am named after my grandma, and we had the EXACT same name (until I got married, obviously) but it is not "Annie". I've always been "Annie" to everyone, except to my dad, who calls me "Rosie" and my friend Susan, who calls me "Rosie" because she thought it was funny that my dad called me that. (How's that for random rambling?)

3. I could eat chips and salsa every day. I usually don't, but I could!

4. After all of those lists of names to give my six (yes, I wanted six) children I was going to have, I still had a hard time naming my four kids. And I used none of the names I thought I loved! My kids should have been named things like "River" "Sapphire" "Willow" and "Taggert". But we all grow up sometime.

5. Baby number 3 actually came home from the hospital with no name, the hospital called three days later and still no name, finally we named him a very difficult, took tons of thought name:
Joseph Andrew after his Nonno and Daddy. Duh.

6. There is no other flavor better than a sour cream and onion chip eaten at the same time as an M&M. Glorious.

7. I like Birkenstocks. I know, Susan, you are so ashamed.

8. I was on the FFA Dairy Cattle Judging Team in high school, and we made fun of the kids on the Ornamental Horticulture team. What is our family business now? Landscaping. Karma, it comes and bites you in the butt when you least expect it.

9. I can fall asleep in 30 seconds flat. 2 seconds if I'm really tired. Drives Andy crazy as he's flipping and flopping, or trying to have a conversation with me.

10. I use my foot to flush the toilet in public bathrooms. When we stayed with my MIL Barbara this summer, after a day of travelling and lots of public bathrooms, Mario went potty at Nonni's house, pulled his pants up, then tried to flush with his foot. After cracking up, I explained to him that at Nonni's house it's OK to use his hand. I guess kids do pay attention to what we do!

OK, some of you come out of cyberspace here and give me some randomness about you, something I may not know already. Even you, Dad.

3 comments:

elizabeth kartchner said...

So fun to read about you!! :)
I guess I gave enough on my blog but...let me think...I love celery and peanut butter:)

Tara said...

um...you're crazy! sour cream and onion chips with M&M's? that's so weird!!! Just about as weird as you liking the smell of skunk! (that was you right?)

Annie-Savor This Moment said...

Of course I like skunk! Who doesn't? Smells a lot like burning rubber.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...