Monday, June 2, 2008

Life...

Forrest Gump’s mama always said, “Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you’re going to get.”

I’ve decided that life is like a yo-yo. It’s up and down, up and down. And sometimes it stays there at the bottom, and you have to shake it, roll it, and then finally wind it back up yourself.

So, when life is like a yo-yo, you have my permission to make some of these cookies. My mama made these when my brothers and sisters and I were growing up, and we love them still.

Yo-Yo’s

½ cup shortening                  
1 cup brown sugar
½ cup margarine or butter     
2 eggs
1/3 cup honey                      
1 tsp. Vanilla
3 ¼ cup flour
2 tsp. Baking soda

Your favorite jam for the middle

Mix shortening, butter, sugar and eggs. Stir in honey and vanilla. Add flour and soda. Chill dough for 1 hour. Roll small pieces of dough into balls and bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Put two together with a dab of strawberry or raspberry jam so they look like a Yo-Yo.

1 comment:

Amy said...

These sound good, I'll have to try this recipe! Allyson just adores honey! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...