Wednesday, January 26, 2011

I'm Baa-aack...

Well, maybe kinda back.  I've been neglecting the blog for quite a while now, since I've been trying to focus on some things that need to get done around this joint.

So, just a couple of things...
If you have come to visit because you received a Christmas card in the mail from our family, I sincerely apologize if you had to pay 20 cents for the privilege to do so.  Shame on me.  I ordered the cards and didn't know they would require extra postage!  If I am blessed by being able to see you in the near future, feel free to request a refund in that amount.  If you chose not to pay, here is the picture of the kids that made the cut.  Enjoy!


2.  In the hopes that I can shed some of the poundage that I've gained since leaving the farm, Natalia and I have started an exercise program at home.  We are both going to use it for a Personal Progress goal, too.  And I have also given  up baking.  I know, I'm addicted.  And Andy begs for someone to make cookies every night.  But it has done him good...he's dropped almost ten pounds already!  Me?  I'm down 1.  Yeah, a whopping 1 pound.  Yay me!


3.  There is another teenager in the house.  That and a little bit more drama.  One thing about kids, they get older every day.  Unfortunately, I get older every day along with them.

4.  We're planning another budget birthday bash, this time a Pirate Party.  I'll share some of the ideas and links later.  Monkey chose a pirate theme, and luckily Dollar Tree had a whole set of pirate party gear. 

5.  Bri's hitting Sweet Sixteen.  At least I'm hoping he gets a little sweeter!  I'm not prepared for the ramifications of 16.  Dating, Driving, Deviance.  You know what I mean.   From Christmas on, it's celebration central here since three of the kids have birthdays within 34 days.  Whew.  Then we're done for a while, until September.

6.  We had baseball and softball tryouts.  So fun to watch the kids have a ball with it!  Joe has really missed not playing baseball, and he is chomping at the bit to get back on the diamond.  We have a great park here in town with baseball diamonds, so we'll be spending some family time down there practicing.

Hope all is well in your world!
I'll blog back at you soon.  Pinky swear.



2 comments:

Tara said...

you're alive! :) glad to know all is well. good luck with the birthdays!

Melanie said...

Annie - I didn't know you had a blog!! Yay!! I am totally going to check on you now! I have a family blog but it is private - I would love to send you an invite if you want - I just need your email.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...