Monday, November 29, 2010

What are YOU Thankful for?

I know this is a late Thanksgiving post, but it is never too late to be thankful. I am thankful for a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend which included, but wasn't limited to:

  1. Tons of turkey.  Luckily we had some leftover to make Joe's leftover casserole on Friday; I thought that I might have to go buy a roasted chicken from the grocery store to stand in for the leftovers!  We also had some yummy ham and luscious crab.  It was delightful!
  2. Nice, mellow time at my mother-in-law's home with the rest of that side of the family.  We missed those who couldn't be there!  And those we couldn't travel to go to be with.
  3. Monkey's lovely centerpiece that added festive color to the dinner table.
  4. Watching slides of Andy and his family when they were younger.  So much fun, and some laughs, too.
  5. Black Friday shopping with friends...starting at 11p.m. Thursday night and ending at 10a.m. Friday morning.
  6. Making Belgian waffles this morning with my new Black Friday waffle maker!
  7. Seeing the next to the last Harry Potter film with the two oldest kids, and eating sunflower seeds through the whole thing to keep myself awake at the 9:15 show after staying up the night before and only napping during the day.
  8. Monkey asking if they were going to get a "Lumpin Coal" from Santa for Christmas
  9. Bri, Natty, Andy and I speaking in Church on Sunday...So happy that's over!
  10. Hoping my Grandma is smiling down on us from Heaven this Thanksgiving!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...