Thursday, December 10, 2009

Fairytales

Into the Wild Into the Wild by Sarah Beth Durst


My rating: 3 of 5 stars
Actually, I would give this 3.5 stars.

Julie is the daughter of Rapunzel, but doesn't know her father at all. (That is the opposite of all of the Disney movies; they usually have a father and no mother.) Her grandmother is the now reformed wicked witch who put Rapunzel in the tower to begin with. Julie feels like she doesn't belong anywhere. She is so different from her schoolmates, but also doesn't know how to relate to the other fairytale characters in her everyday life.

This was a fun, modern-day meets fairytale-land. Natalia recommended it to me, since she read it for school, and I can't wait to read the sequel "Out of the Wild".

View all my reviews >>

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...