Monday, March 5, 2012

What's for Dinner, March Week 1

Monday:
Roasted Chicken, brown rice pilaf, green beans, salad
* I'm roasting two chickens and will assemble the enchiladas for Wednesday when making dinner tonight.
Busy night, softball meeting and Jr. Class parent meeting, but prepping ahead of time really saves time in the long run!

Tuesday:  
Homemade Pizza, maybe taco or BBQ chicken pizza.
* I'm making the crust ahead of time on Monday because Tuesday is extra busy.

Wednesday:
Chicken Echiladas, corn, refried beans

Thursday:
Hamburgers and macaroni salad, green salad

Friday:
Taco Soup in the Crock Pot:  Here's a basic recipe

Saturday:
BLT's with turkey bacon, chips, and fruit

Sunday:
Salmon in the Crock Pot: I made this for last week's menu, but wanted to try it out before I posted how I made it.  Don't want to steer anyone wrong.  The salmon came out moist and flaky.

Salmon has been very inexpensive lately.  It's $3.99/lb for farm raised, and although I'd rather eat wild caught salmon, I figure a small amount of farm raised is better than nothing.


Salmon Packets in the Crock Pot
Prep a sheet of foil for each fillet by spraying with non-stick cooking spray.

Place salmon in middle of foil and drizzle with lemon juice and sprinkle with salt and pepper.

Fold the foil around the salmon making a packet and stack them in the crock pot.

Cook on low for 4 hours.

Variations:  Sprinkle with any seasoning that sounds good; I'm going to try my favorite, Creole seasoning on this and serve with homemade spanish style rice and corn and black beans.







I'm linking up here:  Menu Plan Monday ,  Tasty Tuesdays

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...